Steam cleaning your carpets is an excellent way of preserving them and ensuring they are clean and germ-free. Most households consider steam cleaning their carpets bi-annually. However, if you haven’t done this before, it’s worth considering exactly what steam cleaning for your carpets is and why this is a great idea. Let’s get started!
What is steam carpet cleaning?
Steam carpet cleaning primarily takes place through hot steam at high temperature and at high pressure that is emitted by a specialist steam cleaner specifically designed for carpet cleaning. The hot steam is then applied to the carpet and stained areas, after which it – together with the dirt – is dislodged and extracted from the carpet once again using a special suction nozzle and hose.
The steam cleaner initially releases the hot steam through a powerful pump and vacuum deep into the carpet. The affected area is then “agitated” before the liquid is sucked up. As such, it’s quite an effective way of dislodging dirt and stains. It’s also great for disinfecting your carpets, which can have health benefits. Especially for those suffering from allergies or asthma. Not to mention having a super clean home afterwards.
Is steam cleaning good for carpets?
The beauty of steam cleaning for carpets is that it can deliver exceptional results for your carpets. And all this without using harmful chemicals. The “superheated” steam is applied exactly where it’s needed. And on top of this, there’s no excess moisture left behind so your carpet will not be drenched in water after the steam cleaning has been performed. In short, steam cleaning is perfect for carpets.
Does steam cleaning carpet remove stains?
Steam cleaning is a powerful way and an effective method that is capable of removing most stains. Of course, the type of stain will play a decisive role in whether the steam cleaner will be able to dislodge old or heavy carpet stains. This is why it’s recommended that before you apply steam cleaning to your stained carpets, you try to do spot cleaning of the stained area first. If you’re unsure of how to do this for your particular stain, then relying on professional stain removal services in Enfield and Harrow could be the answer.
What are the benefits of steam cleaning?
Having covered the basics of steam cleaning for your carpets, it’s also worth considering all the benefits that it comes with. Below, we’ve prepared a list of just a few of the benefits you can enjoy as a result of freshly steam cleaned carpets.
- – It preserves the quality of your carpet and prolongs its life
- – It can get rid of stubborn odours and grease
- – It can remove pests such as dust mites, bed bugs, cockroaches, fleas and their eggs
- – It can reduce the amount of germs, bacteria, pollutants, mould, yeast, fungi and allergens in your home
- – It doesn’t use harmful chemicals and is environmentally friendly as it only uses water (this can help reduce eye, skin and throat irritation; allergic reactions; headaches, asthma and other breathing problems, etc.)
- – It doesn’t lead to carpet discolouration
- – It agitates deeply ingrained particles and can remove stains
- – It results in pristine carpets
- – The process is versatile and can be used for other surfaces in the home (e.g. bathrooms, cabinets, granite surfaces, upholstery, countertops, tables and chairs, drawers, rubbish bins, sealed/solid floors, handrails, etc.)
- – It leaves a streak-free and spotless shine without smudges
- – It can help prevent the growth of mould from recurring because the drying time is much faster than other carpet cleaning methods
- – It is highly effective, possibly one of the most effective cleaning techniques
Should you steam-clean your carpets? The final verdict
For professional carpet cleaning in Enfield, Harrow and surrounding areas that uses effective steam cleaning techniques, we at Perfect Carpet Clean provide “perfect” results. We offer exceptional services and use superior equipment and cleaning products with eco-friendly products.
The purpose of these?
To clean all stains, oils, spots and dirt that’s been lodged in your carpets for quite some time. Using a professional carpet cleaning provider is the most effective way to address stains, get rid of allergens all while ensuring that the right carpet cleaning method is applied to your carpets, keeping the manufacturer’s care instructions in mind.